Clojure Engineer - Web development in eCommerce - 70K
Amsterdam, North Holland , €50000.00 - €70000.00 per annum + Benefits
2019-01-24 07:56:49 +0000
Digital, Back-end, Scala
Brand-new office in Amsterdam, high-level R&D environment, meetups & training, fun- & start-up-like working environment and career perspectives to become an expert in FP:
Contact me @ 020 30 585 41 or Daniel.email@example.com
and then we'll see what I can arrange for you at this organization
This business is a fast- moving organization specialized in providing eCommerce services worldwide. They are globally a key player in their sector and aim to change the standards with the most recent innovations. They are looking to add a Clojure developer to their software engineering team where you are going to work with over 20 highly skilled Software Engineers in various technologies; Scala, Play, Cats, ZIO, ScalaZ, Clojure, ClojureScript…
Clojure Engineer - The function?
- The company believes that people produce their best work when they are given the freedom and liberty to develop.
- Develop advanced and ground-breaking technical solutions to help further the goals of the company in the field of sustainable mobility
- You'll be working alongside technical colleagues who are always open to discuss, help and teach meaning you'll consistently grow as a developer and a person
- Responsible for the full development cycle, from analysis to deployment
- Craft large-scale software web services in Clojure and ClojureScript. You will also be involved with React, Kubernetes, Docker and various open-source tech's
- Ensure an agile way of working with the teams
Clojure Engineer - Location?
Clojure Engineer - Profile
- A proven track record as Web Engineer and knowledge in functional programming
- Experience in Clojure is a strong plus
- Other plus points: Akka, Play, Slick, Spray, Spark, Hadoop, AWS, Lagom, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud. Prior knowledge isn't a must but you need to want to learn!
- A curious mindset, constantly eager to discover and explore
- Solid knowledge of Webservices, REST API, and databases
- Fluent knowledge of English
Clojure Engineer - What's on offer?
- A chance to work alongside people who share your passion for functional programming
- An impressive annual salary which can go up to €70.000 per year
- They also provide VISA sponsorship and a relocation package if needed
- A secondary benefits package which includes a fully funded pension plan, training packages, and sensationally equipped workstations
- To work in a tailor-made highly equipped and modern office in Amsterdam!
- Great team night-outs visiting meetups, participating in hackathons and having drinks at the pubs
Got interested? Or looking for something else in FP? Contact me @
Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 30 585 41
Keywords (Not all applicable to position)
Managing This Role
Coming from a background in IT Recruitment, I joined Darwin in April 2016 as Recruitment Consultant for the Netherlands. After a great and successful year, I was promoted to Exe...Daniel's Full Bio