WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
£500.00 - £600 per day
7 months ago
My client who are a large financial services institution are recruiting a Business Analyst to join their team on a long-term project. The position will be full remote due to COVID.
My client is implementing a new systems and process environment to support the financial closing for all business units through the PFswrogramme. The Investment Squad is driving the development and implementation of the new end-to-end processes and systems for integrated economic and traditional financial reporting, from source to sub-ledger and general ledger, using the innovative 'baseline delta' approach. The SAP product, FPSL, which was co-developed with SAP is the key component in the architecture. The current phase of the project is focusing on implementation and rolling out IFRS for Local jurisdictions as well as other accounting valuations.
To facilitate the implementation, an Agile approach is being utilized with multiple sprint teams. The Business Analyst role will be a member of a sprint team with the following responsibilities:
- Perform business analysis of as-is and to-be subledger accounting requirements
- Perform analysis and documentation of accounting processes
- Write technical specifications of required accounting functionality and support the configuration in FPSL
- Effectively communicate requirements to application developer for integration development
- Execute functional testing of all requirements to ensure they are implemented properly
- Perform root cause analysis on identified defects and resolve accordingly
- Support documentation for user training purposes
- Ensure configuration standards and consistency across the sprint teams
- Become trusted expert on Investment Accounting requirements and execution within the sprint team
- Keep Product Owners informed of progress; escalate any issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Computer Science and/or accounting qualification
- Background in Accounting/Business Administration/Finance with a specialization in Business Analysis
- Strong understanding of investment products including financial accounting and reporting processes
- Minimum of four years equivalent business analysis or requirements engineering experience required
- Previous accounting, reporting and reconciliation project work
- Experience with databases and querying languages would be beneficial
- Experience with SAP BW, S/4HANA preferred
- Strong understanding of IFRS 9
- Experience working with agile concepts and methodologies
- Able to prioritize and drive deliverables to completion
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
Please click apply or send your CV directly to Kiran.Oogarah@Darwinrecruitment.com
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.