WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
San Francisco, California
2 months ago
Darwin Recruitment has partnered with a highly driven, well-funded start-up located in San Francisco that's focused on making high-quality healthcare services available to everyone.
This company is made up of interdisciplinary thinkers who are passionate about technology and medicine. Their vision goes much further than building a state of the art diagnostic engine that gains knowledge from all of the global leaders within the radiology space… Through their end to end workflow, they believe that enabling diagnosticians is just the start.
Ultimately, their mission is to improve the quality and efficiency of the entire episode of care, simplifying the process of medicine and allowing doctors to focus on patients.
Here's what their Head of Data Science said, "This is by far the hardest technical work that I've been involved with. The daily challenges are extremely complex but they're very interesting and highly rewarding. So if we meet a candidate for any of our open role's that enjoys being tested technically, then this is the kind of environment that they will thrive in"
What are they Looking for?
They're looking for a qualified Biomedical Knowledge Graph Architects who will ultimately be responsible for all of the clinical language representations that contribute to the technical foundations of their product. The Knowledge Architect will define their clinical language data models, designing, implementing, testing and managing biomedical lexicons and ontologies. These knowledge resources will serve to both codify our medical understanding and to power our natural language processing (NLP) pipelines. Ideal candidates will be experienced with semantic data modeling/knowledge graphs, will be familiar with modern natural language processing techniques, and will have a strong interest in medicine.
- Lead the design and development of their radiology-related ontologies and controlled vocabularies
- Work with the data science and engineering team to integrate customer data into our knowledge models and data stores
- Work with their NLP team to leverage knowledge models for natural language understanding and generation
- Serve as a subject matter expert in industry-standard terminologies within the organization
- Ensure that terminologies and ontologies provide adequate domain coverage and are compatible with relevant healthcare interoperability standards
- Analyze internal and external ontologies and related technologies and assess their fit for purpose
- Identify and build working relationships and partnerships with external collaborators, system vendors, and semantic system users
Here's what's needed to be considered?
- PhD or a similar Advanced degree focused on knowledge representation, biomedical informatics or computational linguistics or similar practical experience in an industrial or research setting
- Experience implementing ontologies/knowledge graphs
- Understanding of a programming language such as Python, including fundamental software engineering principles and NLP/machine learning design patterns
- Proficiency with RDF(S), OWL, SPARQL or similar technologies
- Clinical experience (MD/DO, NP, PA, RN, PharmD, lab tech)
- Interest in radiology, particularly musculoskeletal anatomy and related pathologies