Big Data Engineer / Developer
München (80331), Bayern , Negotiable
2018-05-25 13:58:20 +0100
(Sr.) Hadoop Engineer Big Data for Munich - Salary up to 90k EUR
On behalf of my client - a global insurance group based in Munich, I am looking for an experienced Big Data Hadoop Engineer to join their BI and Big Data unit and to support their transformation into a digital leader for BI and Analytics.
As their new (Sr.) Hadoop Engineer, you will develop and operate the Big Data Platform. You will be managing a large-scale and highly available Hadoop infrastructure supporting rapid data growth for a wide spectrum of innovative internal customers.
During your close daily work with IT Architects to optimize the system performance as well as to advance its technological foundation, your key responsibilities are as followed:
- Provide architectural guidance and create roadmaps for Hadoop cluster deployment
- Install Hadoop distributions, updates, patches and version upgrade etc.
- Troubleshoot Hadoop-related applications, components and infrastructure issues
- 3rd-Level-Support (DevOps) for business - critical applications and use cases
- University degree in computer science or other relevant technical fields
- Excellent hands-on experience with Cloudera Hadoop and Hadoop ecosystem for at least 2 years (ei. Apache Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, MySQL etc.)
- Strong knowledge with at least one functional programming and scripting languages like Scala, Java, Ruby, Groovy, Python or R
- Experience with Linux system administration as well as shell scripting
- Business fluent English in both speaking and writing; German is a plus
- Flexible working hours with Home Office possibilities
- Company cafeteria
- Company child care (Schwabing, Unterföhring and Neuperlach)
- Private pension scheme and different health programmes
- Different kinds of trainings, workshops and conferences
- And much more for you to find out!
Are you Interested?
Then do not hesitate to reply now or get in contact with me directly: +49 89262097132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.