WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
strong career progression + excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
BI Data Engineer
SQL (Java/Python) Talend/Power BI/Informatica/Pentaho
I am working on behalf of a leading business network, with a core focus on a better working life for all. With over 16 million members they are very much focused on working under an umbrella of businesses with one set goal in mind- digitalisation and driving change for the better. They do this with a very strong emphasis on Data by adding value to their users and customers.
Are you passionate about addressing exciting business challenges and helping others to drive data initiatives?
- Advanced SQL skills: This is a must
- 3+ years of experience in the field - would also consider 2+ depending on achievements
- Experience with ETL tools: (Talend preferential/ Oracle/ Informatica/ PowerBI/Pentaho)
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Java/Scala or Python (preferential) - not heavy on programming
- You will already have a strong background as a BI Data Engineer, or have a focus on Business Intelligence using modern data architecture
- Dynamic and adaptable in terms of technology: Able to problem solve, work with new tools and passionate to learn new things
Do you enjoy working with large amounts of data, implementing various tech & optimising processes for end users?
Role & Duties:
- You will be managing the data and providing self-service experience to stakeholders
- Working on ETL processes with near real-time data and refining the data in the DWH
- You will be working in a data hub as part of the BI unit- under the Data Engineering team; impacting small pockets of the business but also providing data from different business units and creating holistic reports and models to ultimately impact board-strategic decision making
Why should I join?
- Exceptional team culture: Young, fun & dynamic
- Training courses & educational budgets for future career progression
- German, Spanish and English lessons- free
- Smartphone or iPad for private and personal use
- High-end Macbook Pro
- Many other social commitment benefits
My client is now more than ever, committed to hiring and will be completing all interview processes and inital onboarding remotely. Please note this will be an on-site permanent position in Hamburg so relocation would be required when the time is right.
If you would like to find out more, please do send your CV and call availability to: Rebecca.Newson@darwinrecruitment.com