BackEnd Game Developer
Copenhagen, Copenhagen Municipality , Pension
2018-02-13 17:03:00 +0000
Do you want the opportunity to work with the latest technologies for developing Distributed BackEnds in the cloud with C# and .NET?
To develop new MicroServices for a social game with millions of users, always staying up to date with the latest advancements?
One of my latest clients has over 300 million registered users and a decade of content and data. They are continuously improving their products using C# and .NET MicroService Architecture and building on AWS tech such as SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, S3 Buckets as well as Redis, ElastiCache and Lambda.
They have a close collaboration with Amazon Web Services and have beta access to their latest technologies.
About the Job
Develop new highly scalable distributed BackEnds
As a Backend Developer, you will develop new or improved features to enhance their games and keep them up to date with the best available technologies.
You will be working with C#, developing highly scalable MicroServices for their social network, running in the AWS cloud. Examples of MicroServices could be a generic gifting service, a user-generated content sharing system, recommendations and many other areas.
You will be part of a cross-disciplinary team of programmers, testers, designers and artists, working towards a shared goal while utilizing each other's strengths and complimenting each other to the fullest.
- You hold a M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar degree within software development
- At least 3 years of development experience
- Experience working with C# and the .NET framework
- Experience with MicroServices
- Knowledge of estimating network loads and strategies to improve reliability
- Applied knowledge of design patterns
- Experience collaborating in a SCRUM environment with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with automated build systems such as TeamCity, Ant or equivalent
- Your English skills are excellent - verbally and in writing
Nice to have
- Experience working on large-scale web applications
- Applied knowledge of Network monitoring tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
If you're interested in applying you should have strong analytical skills and are enthusiastic about the technical and practical challenges of building a scalable backend to service millions of users.
You like learning and you can quickly acquire new knowledge. You are a dedicated team player and willing to lead the way and take initiatives in adapting to new software and new technology.
Your communication skills are excellent and you thrive working both independently and in a team.
Finally, you function great with agile methodologies. You bring in new competencies, knowledge and experience, and contribute to the growth of our team.
Interested? Get in contact!
Managing This Role
I began my career at Darwin after graduating with First Class Honours in History and travelling through South Africa. I specialise in recruiting for the Microsoft .NET market, p...Samuel's Full Bio