WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
8 months ago
Android Team Manager
You will manage a team of highly skilled Android developers and collaborate with talented colleagues in all functions. You are excited by the challenge of balancing the needs of the business, the customers and the team. You will be supported by a well-established and experienced Head of Mobile.
About you and your responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the staffing and development of the Android team, which consists of approximately 7 Android developers who report directly to you.
- You will ensure the timely delivery of engineering work to meet business needs and high standards.
- You will ensure your team is highly engaged and excited about their work.
- You are accountable for the team's progress and technical decisions.
- You are into the details and passionate about quality.
- You love to work with great people and enjoy collaborating with other developers and designers and contributing to product development.
- You are interested in problem solving and enjoy finding the simplest possible solution to complex problems.
- You have a keen interest in architecture and know how to build complex applications that are maintainable.
- You are always looking to improve, whether that's processes, people, code or your own skills.
About The Code
- They work primarily with Kotlin. The 2 main apps that they currently work on are written entirely in Kotlin.
- The development team is up to date with Android development best practices and software patterns.
- They are organized by feature teams. With quick communication channels between teams and good cooperation with their colleagues in iOS, product, design and backend.
- The work is well structured without being stifling. They use a Kanban work-flow to handle day to day tasks.
- They practice code review as it's an excellent way to spread knowledge and to keep code quality high.
- Expert in Kotlin and Android app development
- Highly knowledgeable about Android, Google, mobile, devices and related spheres of technology
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Interested in people and process as much as code and apps
- 5+ years full-time professional Android development experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience building new products with an eye on maintainability and scalability
- Experience with payment platforms, FinTech, Banking or app security
- Experience working in a company undergoing rapid growth
- Experience with cross-functional teams
- Vision for product development and for how a code base evolves
- A degree in computer science
If this sounds like you, hit apply, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org