Blade Repair Services Technician.
Blade Repair Services Technician
- Climb wind towers and access wind turbines to perform composites repair & maintenance tasks.
- Lift, carry, and transport essential equipment, tools, and materials to the job site.
- Assure that all operation and maintenance activities are performed in a safe manner consistent with policies and procedures. This includes wearing essential safety equipment, including a personal fall arrest system, as well as identifying potential hazards on the job.
- Assist in transportation, setup, and operation of the up-tower blade access mechanism.
- Assist in major component replacement, which will primarily focus on blades.
- Assure proper storage, maintenance, and handling of all Blade Repair Service equipment.
- Support a team in performing platform, and ground access composite repairs on multiple turbine manufacturers, including GE, Siemens, Vestas, Nordex, etc.
- Assist in the mobilization of all repair equipment to the site.
- Perform safety and other wind farm-related tasks when assigned and fill in as a backup to personnel at other sites when necessary.
- Perform all other duties assigned as may be required from time to time.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Skills and competencies expected of experienced technicians include:
- Understanding of wind turbine blade construction, inspection, and repair, including LPS systems.
- Knowledge of fiberglass types.
- Understanding of composite materials including (but not limited to), epoxy resins, polyurethane fillers and paint, core materials, and mix ratios.
- Demonstrated experience in blade damage assessment and repair.
- Experience across multiple manufacturers (i.e. Siemens, GE, Vestas, Nordex).
- Previous Blade Access Platform and rigging experience preferred.
- Experience of LEP.
- Accurate completion of QA/QC documentation.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering Work Instructions.
- Required: Travel up to 75%, multiple worksites, hot/cold weather conditions, irregular hours on short notice.
- Required: All applicants must be able to provide proof of High School Diploma or GED.
- Required: All applicants must possess an unrestricted driver's license in good standing.
- Required: Willing and able to obtain and maintain sponsored, Commercial Driver License (CDL), if so requested for mobilization of our composite component repair equipment.
- Required: All applicants must pass physical fitness tests required to maintain Global Wind Organization Certification. In addition, at the discretion of the business, future successful completion of physical fitness tests will be required.
- Preferred: GWO Certification.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays. in addition to salary.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Harry Willats
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Wind Energy.
In this role your role will largely be focused around the design and implementation of wind farm automation system for...
Wind Technician (Level 5 - 7)
Job Title: Wind Technician Required Skills: Experience on the SGRE G4 Platform Min. 18 months experience working as Wind Technician...
This business are specialists in the construction, operation, and maintenance of offshore wind farms. They recently won a major maintenance...
USA TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.