Electrical Power System Engineer.
Electrical Power System Engineer
$90000 - $120000 per year|
I'm currently recruiting for a Power Systems Engineer for growing business that supplies compressed air as a utility to a variety of industries.
Salary: $90,000 - $120,000
Industry: Compressed Gas
- Examine the power systems accessible to the customer, evaluate and suggest the most suitable design for electrical substations and distribution in relation to new prospects, and contribute electrical system insights for the development of proposals and estimates.
- Guarantee that the entire electrical design adheres to national, regional, and industry codes while satisfying all essential safety criteria.
- Develop models of power and distribution systems utilizing widely recognized tools in the industry, such as SKM Power Tools, ETAP, and similar software. Continuously update and manage these models from the project's inception through the ongoing operations of the plant.
- Engineer and formulate medium-voltage (MV) substations and medium-voltage to low-voltage (MV/LV) power distribution systems. A typical system encompasses components such as 13.8 KV/4160 V and 13.8 KV/480V transformers, neutral grounding resistors, 15 KV and 5 KV switchgear, 5 KV motor control centers, 480V switchgear, 480V switchboards, 480V panel boards, 4160V and 480V induction motors, 480V variable frequency drives (VFDs), as well as 208V/120V power and lighting distribution mechanisms.
- Interface with customer engineer and inspection authorities on all electrical issues.
- Perform Short Circuit and Arc Flash Analysis.
- Compose technical specifications for procuring electrical equipment, conduct technical assessments of bids for electrical equipment, and engage in the final process of selecting vendors.
- Examine and authorize drawing submittals received from electrical equipment suppliers, local utility providers, and the customer's engineering team
- Establish protective relay configurations, including settings for transformer, feeder, and motor protective relays, and implement necessary programming for these relays.
- Conduct analyses of motor starting scenarios, and assess and endorse all electrical system data furnished by suppliers of packaged equipment such as dryers, compressors, cooling towers, and so on.
- Collaborate with Controls Engineers, Systems Engineers, and the SCADA system supplier to ensure accurate inclusion and representation of all electrical system input/output (I/O) on the Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID).
- Create and uphold comprehensive cable schedules necessary for facilitating fabrication and construction. Additionally, conduct inspections and verification of electrical distribution equipment both at the vendor's workshop and on-site during the commissioning phase.
- Formulate and sustain Medium Voltage (MV) and Low Voltage (LV) Electrical Single Line Diagrams to facilitate proposals, projects, and continuous operations.
- Generate electrical physical and schematic drawings derived from a 3D model, illustrating the necessary wiring, conduit, and cable tray configurations essential for interconnecting equipment.
- Create comprehensive design and fabrication packages for specialized panels, such as Remote Breaker Control Panels, as well as produce specialized control schematics for equipment like Glycol pumps featuring Hand/Off/Auto modes.
- Interface with utility companies as required on electrical supply, incentives, etc
- Identify and rectify electrical challenges that arise throughout the phases of fabrication, construction, commissioning, and continuous plant operations.
- Review and approve contractor and fabricator electrical submittals.
- A track record of at least 5 years in the field of electrical power system engineering, with a particular focus on utility electrical power system projects or distributed energy resource projects, is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field pertaining to electrical power systems, coupled with over 5 years of direct engineering involvement within an electric utility, or a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field concerning electrical power systems, along with more than 2 years of direct engineering participation.
- Extensive familiarity with NEC, NFPA, and other relevant industry codes.
- Expect to travel up to 20% of the time, and extended stays at the site may be required during stages like staging, commissioning, and startup.
- Proficiency in utilizing power system modeling and analysis software (such as SKM Power Tools, ETAP, etc.).
- Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (PE) in any state desired.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities, coupled with the capacity to interact effectively with customers and vendors.
- Deliver training sessions to operators focused on Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Create or participate in the formulation of engineering work processes and operational procedures.
- Offer technical guidance and input to sales, business development, and the advancement of new technologies.
- Assist in the process of commissioning and initiating operations for new facilities.
Along with an exciting, growth-oriented work environment, we offer the following:
- Competitive compensation
- 401K with match
- Medical & Dental care
- PTO and paid holidays
- Flexible spending account
To apply for this position, please submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience to Harry.Pluck@darwinrecruitment.com We look forward to reviewing your application and considering you for this exciting opportunity.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Harry Pluck
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Mechanical Design.
Senior Airframe Design Engineer
We're in search of an experienced engineer to join a leading aviation manufacturer in Germany. Your responsibilities will include: Overseeing...
We are looking for a Thermal Engineer to join an exciting start up company located in Munich. The company are...
Senior Instrumentation Engineer
As a Senior Instrumentation Engineer, you will play a critical role in our petrochemical and plant engineering projects by providing...
USA TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.