Cryogenic Specialist (Dilution).
Cryogenic Specialist (Dilution)
Calling all Cryogenic Specialists! - I have an exciting opportunity to join a world-class supplier of cutting-edge technology tools and systems for research and industry.
Location: Santa Barbara, CA (On-site)
Salary: $115,000 - $155,000 Depending on experince
- Perform yearly maintenance on the existing dilution refrigerators on site, which come from various manufacturers and models, totalling 18+ systems that are continuously operational.
- Troubleshoot the QX system.
- Install dilution refrigerator systems as they are delivered
- Undergo cross-training with the Plasma group to provide support for the Plasma systems also present on the site.
- Ensure the upkeep of service equipment and spare parts at the location.
- Provide training to end users and offer technical assistance for any inquiries they may have.
- Diverse tasks are involved, managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced setting.
- The work primarily centers around technical and analytical aspects, following established standards and guidelines. Problem-solving relies on expertise and in-depth knowledge.
- Decision-making is authoritative and swift within a defined scope of responsibility, adhering to accepted quality standards, policies, and procedures. It's crucial to train others to make accurate decisions as well.
- Communication is task-oriented and technically focused. Team roles are well-defined, and collaboration is minimal, only necessary for specific tasks or issues.
- Leadership is based on specialized expertise, ensuring quality standards are met through directive guidance. Delegation is infrequent, and when necessary, close monitoring is essential.
- The ideal candidate for this role should possess a degree in Physics or Engineering and a solid track record of working with and/or maintaining high vacuum and low-temperature equipment, particularly with expertise in handling cryogenic liquids.
- You should have prior experience in low-temperature Physics applications. Proficiency in mechanical assembly techniques like soldering and welding, along with a fundamental understanding of low-temperature thermometry, is essential.
- Strong record-keeping abilities and a keen eye for detail.
- Expertise in leak detection at cryogenic temperatures.
- Competence in network-based control systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of working effectively with others.
- Well-organized and able to manage tasks efficiently.
- My client provides employees with competitive health insurance choices, encompassing Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- My client offers a 401k program offers flexible options for saving towards retirement, allowing both pre- and post-tax contributions.
- Holidays - Our company observes 12 holidays this year.
- Paid Time Off - Alongside the standard PTO options, my client takes pride in offering a comprehensive and progressive paid family leave policy.
Relocation package can be provided (Amount depends on where you are currently based)
If this is something you could be interested in, please apply and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Harry Pluck
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Mechanical Design.
Senior Airframe Design Engineer
We're in search of an experienced engineer to join a leading aviation manufacturer in Germany. Your responsibilities will include: Overseeing...
We are looking for a Thermal Engineer to join an exciting start up company located in Munich. The company are...
Project Engineer (Plant Construction)
My client is a leading global engineering contractor who operate internationally and are pioneers in various technologies and innovations when...
USA TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.