Project Manager – GIS Data Scientist.
Project Manager – GIS Data Scientist
€45000 - €65000 per year|
Assembly, Integration, and Testing (AIT)
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring on behalf of a company in Paris, that was founded in 2015, currently has 10 employees, but also have another subsidiary that has been going for 20 years with 90+ employees. They are currently looking for a Project Manager - GIS Data Scientist at present, capable of helping them manage their data science team and make the most of new opportunities, including on the business development side. They are looking for candidates eager to meet challenges and discover new cultures and environments. This business is a fast-growing start-up providing consulting services based on data analytics. They leverage a wide array of technologies and approaches such as geospatial analysis, remote sensing, satellite imagery processing, machine learning and data science to meet their clients' needs. They apply those skills to topics as diverse as climate change & agriculture, humanitarian projects, development programme impact evaluation, post-conflict damage assessments, rural connectivity, financial inclusion, etc. This business works for international organizations, foundations and development actors (the United Nations, the World Bank, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, etc.), and corporate ones in emerging and in post-conflict countries.
Key aspects of the Project Manager - Data Scientist - GIS Expert mission will be to:
· Manage projects and clients from start to end
· Interact with clients throughout projects and their delivery
· Design and implement innovative data science approaches to answer clients' briefs
· Produce analytical reports and presentations
· Contribute to the management of our team of data scientists and developers
· Conduct business development efforts and answer calls for proposals
· Contribute to the development of Masae's tools and processes
· Keep track of technology developments and new applications
· Maintain a general knowledge in our areas of interest (remote sensing and applications to climate monitoring, land use changes detection, existing open-data sources in our geographies of interest, etc.)
· University degree in data science / geography / geospatial analytics
· 2 to 5 years of professional experience in data science
· Curiosity, flexibility, attention to details and strong work ethics
· Sensitivity to data security and confidentiality
· Eagerness to travel and to discover new culture
· Experience in international development and in humanitarian issues is a plus
· Very good English skills
· Team management experience
· Knowledge of Python, Data Science environments (Python/Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, etc.)
· Experience in geospatial analysis and ideally remote sensing
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.James Godfrey
SUBMIT YOUR CV
USA TECH SALARY BENCHMARKS.
Are you looking for a new role? Would you like to compare your current salary against the market rate?
Maybe you’re looking to grow your team and need help planning and setting hiring budgets.
Our interactive market update, split by technology, has all the information you need; from salary benchmarks, gender split and average tenure to 'time to hire' and fastest-growing skills.